Pages

#2 Additive: Acryl Polymeric

#2 Additive is based on Ecryl Polymeric chemistry, designed to improve the performance of Portland cement.

It provides high adhesive strength to structurally sound surfaces, such as concrete, stucco, mortars, masonry, plastic, etc.

Advantages:

– Ready to use; non-toxic and vermin proof.
– Easily mix with cement-sand and water.
– Can be applied on damp or dry surfaces.
– Excellent mechanical strength and adhesion.
– Unaffected by humidity or condensation.
– Excellent thin-section toughness and adhesion.
– Outstanding resistance to UV degradation.
– Resistant to most acids and bases.
– Will not crack.
– Stays flexible.
– Can be painted and sealed over.
– Superior weather ability.
– Increases compressive strength.
– Helps green strength.

Applications: For all applications, #2 Additive is mixed with the following ratio, by weight or volume.

For 1 part of #2 Additive, use 5 parts of Portland cement. Include 2 parts of fine sand with sufficient water. Bonding grout should be mixed to a thick, creamy consistency.

Proper Mixing: Dry the blend of cement and sand. Pre-mix #2 Additive with approximately 1 part of water (this will vary according to the amount of water in the sand). Add to the cement-sand blend and mix thoroughly by mechanical means. Determine the amount of water required by performing a trial mix (for this purpose, a 1/2 part of water is added to the #2 Additive prior to the addition to the cement-sand blend). For routine batches, 80% of the total water required is mixed with #2 Additive for the initial mixing. Use the remaining 20% of water for final adjustment.

When Using a Bonding Agent:

Bonding Grout: Use 1 part of #2 Additive, 5 parts of cement, 2 parts of sand (A), and enough parts of water to achieve desirable consistency.

Topping: Use 1 part of #2 Additive, 5 parts of cement, 15 parts of sand (B), and enough parts of water to achieve desirable consistency.

Concrete: Use 1 part of #2 Additive, 5 parts of cement, 2 parts of sand, and 1 part of water.

Concrete Finishing: Use 1 part of #2 Additive, 10 parts of cement, 10 parts of sand, and 4 parts of water.

Walkways: Use 1 part of #2 Additive, 5 parts of cement, 5 parts of sand, and sufficient water.

A. Sand confirming to ASTM-C-144.
B. Sand confirming to ASTM-404, size No. 2.

#2 ADDITIVE: ECRYL POLYMERIC (Item No. B-10#2 ADDITIVE: ECRYL POLYMERIC CONTINUED (Item No. B-103)

For Best Results:

– Protect #2 Additive from freezing.
– Pre-wet surface before applying bonding grout; remove all puddles.
– Mix small batches only; pot-life of #2 Additive is 30-40 minutes.
– Use mechanical means of mixing whenever possible; avoid entrapment of air and lumps.
– All toppings should be cured with a curing compound.
– For clean-up, use warm water immediately after use.

Guarantee/Warranty/Liability: EST, Inc. has no control over the storage, handling, or use of this product.

The guarantee is limited to the purchase price of the defective material only.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN!